Housing fell through due to apartment not being cat-friendly.
Dammit, why do I have to love my cat so much?!
"This whole world is wild at heart, and weird on top."
The things you pick up as you go.
Venezia over Valentine’s Day Weekend, 2010.
The city itself is one of my favorite in the world; it feels like a Poe poem come to life— a little dark, a little sinister, but with a happily smiling face it shows the rest of the world as it sinks. Total romance.
JAPAN’S ANIMALS NEED HELP, TOO!
For each person who ‘likes’ the Facebook Page of Dog Bless You, a dollar will be donated to help finance the use of search and rescue dogs that are so critical in disaster situations like what’s happening in Japan right now. You can also donate to Animal Refuge Kansai, the American Humane Association, The National Disaster Search Dog Foundation, or World Vets. Japan Cat Network, together with Heart Tokushima and Animal Friends Niigata has formed Japan Animal Rescue and Support.
It was thought that Cat Island had been completely submerged, but there’s been an update saying that the cats and people on Tashirojima are okay, however, they have a lot of building damage and are in need of necessities for both humans and cats.
Reblogging myself because this is important to me.
Please don’t just ‘like’ this post — reblog it and help spread the word — and donate!
Here are some more links aimed at helping animals in Japan:
+ SPCA International
+ Animal Miracle Foundation is collecting cell phones to send to volunteers helping animals.
+ Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support Facebook group.
+ For news about Cat Island (Tashirojima), please see There is Hope for Cat Island.
+ Update on Pet Rescue Efforts in Japan.
(Many thanks to The Conscious Cat for the initial list and photo.)
Even though he may be annoying as shit sometimes, the thought of my cat in the same situation pulls at my heartstrings. If you have a pet, I bet you feel the same. If it was New York or Boston that had been hit by a tsunami, wouldn’t you hope the people of Japan and the rest of the world would care enough to help feed and keep your dog or cat alive?
“I said, “Hey, you, on the other side - let her go. Because for her I will cross over, and then you’ll be sorry!”“
Currently obsessed with Hellboy. I mean— he’s a hell-spawn who likes cats. You can’t really get any better than that. Also, can we talk about great relationships for a moment? What a hell of a line.
As we’ve all probably noted by now, I’ve got a little bit of an entrepreneurial bend…mostly because I’m always strapped for cash. So it should be no surprise that I’ve just come up with my latest money-making endeavor, namely— breeding my cat.
Yeah, I know, this seems like a terrible idea, but let me count the ways in which choosing to breed my Nicco (that’s Nicolai La Citta to those breeders of you out there who like a nice, long, and impressive show name,) to your little lady-cat would actually be an awesome decision:
- As evidenced by the photos above, he has a sterling disposition. Hand-raised by me since he was a month old, Nicco’s got a really go-with-the-flow personality. You can literally do anything with this cat— hold him upside-down, toss him, perch him on your shoulder like a parrot, force-cuddle him…scratching and biting don’t come naturally to him, so the chance of having mailable kittens is pretty good.
- He’s highly personable and interactive. Unlike most cats, he won’t run and hide, and in fact, is exceptionally needy. He craves human interaction and is always up in your biznazz, wanting to be included in things. (In many aspects, he’s very much like a dog.) He’s always the life of our parties, greeting everyone and crawling into laps. In fact, the only person he’s ever not truly enjoyed was the guy I’ve been seeing…Nicco’s kingly enough to assume that he should be the only man sleeping in my bed.
- Our vet tells us he’s partially Siamese, which accounts for the fact that he’s highly talkative. If you mimic his meows and yowls back to him, he’ll engage you in a full-on conversation. He’s got a diverse and interesting variety of vocal noises, from a roll in the back of his throat like an old-fashioned telephone ring, to a high-pitched yelp he makes while yawning.
- Born of humble beginnings, his highly distinctive coat markings really stand out. His brown base-coat is accented with heavy and dark black tiger stripes, and silver tips. The fur on his belly has a unique “snow leopard print” with round rosettes…something I’ve never seen on any other domestic short-hair tiger.
- While I’ve watched him run into walls, he’s also intelligent enough to know several voice commands, and a few tricks. Hopefully, his highly teachable mindset would be passed down to his offspring.
- Nicco’s best friends are the neighbor’s dogs, and he’ll play with them as if he’s one of them. (He’s a brave little dude.) He’s interacted with lady-cats before, and is DEFINITELY looking for some springtime lovin’, if his crying at the front door lately is of any indication. An indoor cat strictly, Nicco is pampered, exercised, and in prime condition, with not an ounce of fat, and sharp senses.
- Weighing in at roughly 7 pounds, Nicco is fully-grown and in healthy weight, yet is what we refer to as a “miniature cat.” He and his mother are the same size, and his father (a longhair, so that may give some recessive longhair traits to his offspring,) isn’t much larger. This is the perfect size cat for apartment living, or for children, since “minature cats” look exactly like a fully-grown, regular size cat, but are on a child’s size scale.
- While I am not promising anything, here, I am allergic to cats with high dander concentration, and I’ve never gotten so much as a sniffle from Nicco, not even when he used to sleep on my head as a kitten. (He really did.)
$$$ While no cat is really “free”— believe me, I got Nicco for free, and $600 worth of vet bills later to have him vaccinated, checked out, hydrated, and tested, he’s now my "Manolo Cat"— and adopting a kitten from the shelter or vet’s can cost anywhere from $25 to $100, and purebreds from breeders can cost from $500 up to $1,000, why don’t you decide to breed with Nicco, get the looks, attitude, and vocal chords of a really fun pet, and only spend $150 for stud fees, on guarantee of live young? That’s a STEAL for such a package! $$$
So now that I’ve convinced all y’all that not only am I very, VERY bored, but also a crazy young cat woman, tell me— if you had a lady cat and wanted kittens, would you bite for my little stud-muffin?
….In all seriousness, now, how’s THAT for an example of creative/technical writing and the sort of sample a writer can just whip the fuck up? See, you can write about ANYTHING.
"God, I love annoying the cat. Just lying in bed, poking him, tugging at him, squeaking at him, annoying the shit out of him. And he just keeps coming back for more. Because that’s how much he loves me. …God, the next guy I date really needs to be a push-over."
And this is why I’m a horrible, horrible person who will die alone with not one, but 16 cats. Who eat my face off in retribution for years of persistent, obnoxious abuse once I’ve fallen to the floor and stopped breathing.
The cat is making himself at home for a night at the S.O’s. Sprawled out on the master bedroom’s floor. He thinks this place is the tits.
Both man and cat are skeptical they can inhabit the same territory as another thing with testicles.
It would be cute if I weren’t worried the little Italian prince wasn’t going to get attached to three stories of fun, and then promptly howl his disdain at the semi-shit-hole I am moving him into tomorrow.
I reiterate— I am living in an attic. Like, a GARRET. Little Princess-style.
In other news, I have just found out the hard way the S.O can pinch me with his finger-toes.
Yes. This is a gloriously weird union.
Woke up this morning, on my right side, on the edge of the bed, per usual, when I heard the cat chirp at me. I opened my eyes, and he was right in my face, front feet up on the mattress, staring at me.
Not going to lie, I got up and fed him right then because I was so impressed that he A.) Came and found me, and B.) Was kind enough to wake me up quietly and politely (not per usual) instead of waking the S.O up, too.
Sometimes, he’s not the worst $600 cat.
…And then the S.O went and took me to see and pet some foals. Great start to the day, overall.
Story of. My life.
I just chirped at a man the same way I chirp back at the cat. Who am I and why did they let me out of the nature preserve from whence I came where I was obviously raised Romulus and Remus style?
This is the second time in 3 days the kitten has got out to go find some wildlife lovin’.
The first time, he got in a fight. Now both he and my original tomcat who lives with my parents have tattered left ears. He thinks he’s quite dashing now and a BAMF.
The second time, I think he found a girlfriend. There best be no baby daddy drama whenever-a-cat’s-gestation-period-is from now. Uhhhhh uh. I’m not saying jack about kitten paternity until Maury comes back with the results.
Ergo, this is also the second time in 3 days I’ve had a heart attack and near meltdown.
Why must we love. Ugh.